VCH is a small charity; our work is delivered by a dedicated team of 5 staff members and 15 volunteers. We receive a grant from the London Borough of Hackney which covers about 20% of our running costs; the rest of our work is funded by charitable donations, grants and contracts. We are committed to making our resources go as far as possible and finding new and innovative ways of making volunteering better in Hackney.
Spread the Word
- Join in the conversation about volunteering in Hackney by following us on Twitter or Facebook.
- Community Outreach: If you’re part of a community group whose members would be interested in volunteering we can give a presentation on how to get involved, with lots of time for questions. Email us at email@example.com to arrange this. We can also supply posters and leaflets for display.
We are committed to delivering a personal service, and keeping our Centre open to everyone who lives, works or studies in Hackney. In order to do this we need to pay the bills. You can help by:
- Making a one-off donation. £20 covers the cost of a visit to the Resource Centre for someone looking to volunteer.
- Raise funds when you search the web or buy online.
If you sell on eBay, why not donate some of your profits to Volunteer Centre Hackney? Learn how here.
- Corporate sponsorship: is your business interested in sponsoring a project or a volunteer at VCH, or in taking part in a team challenged organised by VCH? Email our Chief Executive to discuss your ideas.
‘Want to help and have an idea that we haven’t mentioned? Get in touch!’